Friday, August 12, 2005

Faking it

Dubai is full of fake goods, most are well advertised as such, no-one buys a Louis Vuitton bag in Karama expecting to get the real thing, all pretty harmless really.
However there are other fakes that are less innocuous, car spares in particular are very dodgy, with the cops saying that they cause multiple crashes every year. However fakes appear all over the UAE.
This week the Weasel fell foul of the fakers, the item in question? Bog paper........... Having shelled out the extra for Andrex to caress the nether regions, opening the bag revealed something more akin to sandpaper. This really pisses me of, I cannot believe that Spinneys are not aware that these goods are fake, but in typical near monopoly fashion, they simply don't give a shit.

DW

2 Comments:

Blogger secretdubai said...

That is just brilliant. Did you take it back to Spinneys? Did they demand to see your red-raw-sore nether regions as proof of the crapper-paper's inferiority?

1:12 am  
Blogger redstar said...

Ouch. I have to admit I had a similar experience earlier this year and the same 'fake' thoughts ran across my mind.

I'd be surprised is Spinney's are getting fake stock. I suspect a sub-standard outsourced Andrex contractor is to blame.

I did feel very clean, however, after the white sandpaper had exfoliated several layers of my delicate areas.

2:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home