Tuesday, August 09, 2005

just a quickie today

Many thanks to Secret Dubai for the link and I will post the reciprocal asap. This will of course force me to continue this even when supposed to be in the pub, like now...
Talking of pubs, Dubai is full of summer bachelors at the moment, since the women and sprogs are lazing in the rain of Europe or Australia etc. It really does change the nature of the town as these poor lonesome chaps invade the bars closely followed by girls of dubious virtue. Loads of forty somethings who normally would be happily at home with the wife and 2.4 are instead out till three checking out the latest fashions in Azerbaijan.
It appears I may also owe Etisalat an apology, the Gulf news was today reporting that a ship has been dispatched to repair the cable that, after all, may exist.
I will reserve my hat and chips until service is restored but wish them good luck with what sounds like a tricky job, especially since I am really really bored with the service now.

This forty something is now off out to the pub, ah summer.

DW